Managers and Board Members responsible for Data Protection.
This interactive workshop will provide the participant with an easy to understand background on the GDPR as well as comprehending their organisation’s obligations under the legislation.
Delivered virtually via Google Meet. A copy of the slides and some guidance documents will be provided.
Liam has over 30 years of experience working in IT, originally as a programmer way back in the 80s before moving into networking, infrastructure and security in the 90s. He has worked with people at all levels and has the ability to explain scary technical topics and boring legal subjects in a language that most people can relate to and understand.
- Knowing what personal data is and what we mean by processing
- Grasping the terminology of the GDPR
- Understanding the GDPR’s principles, legal basis for processing and the rights of the individual
- Realising what documentation is required for GDPR compliance
- Responsibilities to staff, clients/service users and the board
- Comprehending the role of the Data Protection Commission.
Carmichael’s Autumn/Winter 2022 Scheduled Training Programme is kindly sponsored by BoardEffect.
BoardEffect is part of Diligent, the leader in modern governance. BoardEffect delivers an agile board management solution optimised for governance leaders of nonprofits, higher education institutions, community healthcare organisations, and credit unions with the right tools, analytics, and insights to drive more efficient, transparent, and secure governance.
|€60||Carmichael Resident Organisation|