Anyone involved in running or participating in board or committee meetings.
Organisations need effective meetings, but these do not happen without correct procedures, preparation and planning. This practical workshop provides the tools needed to run and contribute to online and face-to-face meetings. It covers the purpose of meetings; challenging behaviour; agendas; decision-making; and minutes.
Delivered virtually via Zoom.
Derek O’Reilly is Training Manager at Carmichael. He coordinates and delivers Carmichael's training and consultancy services for boards and managers. Derek has many years’ experience of governance, management and quality assurance of community organisations in Ireland, Africa and Eastern Europe. In recent years he has developed training programmes on behalf of statutory bodies as well as a wide range of community and voluntary organisations around the country.
- Understand the principles and best practice for preparing for and conducting meetings
- Learn the techniques most commonly encountered in meetings
- Enhance skills in effective communication
- Manage challenging behaviour at meetings
- Keep meetings focused and productive
- Produce effective agendas
- Produce accurate, brief and clear minutes.
|€60||Carmichael Resident Organisation|