Managers and staff working in accounts, perhaps for the first time – anyone responsible for maintaining the accounting records. It will be of most benefit to small charities.
Maintaining a charity’s accounting records, or books is an obligation and a responsibility. This workshop is intended to equip managers and accounts staff with an understanding of book-keeping and accounting issues that are relevant to their day to day operations so that the accounting records can be kept up to date and provide meaningful information. The workshop will include practical examples and short exercises using MS Excel. To ensure the training is as interactive and participatory as possible, we limit the number of participants to 10. Laptops will be provided.
The main areas covered will be:
- Importance of bookkeeping
- Relevant documentation and books of account
- Setting up bookkeeping system relevant to own organisation and SORP
- Maintaining accounting records and processing transactions
- Checking everything balances including how to do a bank reconciliation
- Profit and loss account and balance sheet
- VAT Compensation Scheme for Charities.
Andrea Shupinski FCA
Andrea Shupinski is an accountant and business advisor. Andrea has extensive financial and senior management experience in the not-for-profit sector where she has helped organisations to prepare for a more regulated and transparent environment. Originally from England, she worked at a senior level in chartered accountancy firms. Andrea is currently a voluntary Board member for a Community crèche near to where she lives in South County Dublin. www.shupinski.ie
By the end of the workshop participants will:
- Understand the concepts and principles of how to maintain day to day accounting records
- Know how to check the accounting records are in balance and for completeness
- Be able to extract a profit and loss account and balance sheet
- Be more confident when dealing with books of account
- Be able to set up a suitable book-keeping system
- Understand the VAT Compensation Scheme for Charities.
|€60||Carmichael Resident Organisation|
It was explained in a way that was easy to understand and it came together at the end.
Content – excellent overview for a beginner in this area.
Great location. Great facilitator. Very relaxed and approachable. Very patient. Great at explaining down to the basics.