The Programme is designed to enhance your understanding of Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) - what it is & why it matters for your Board, your teams and yourself. Relevant Equality legislation is referenced and how it links with our day-to-day. The course delves into the barriers that constrain our ability to fully embrace diversity and sustain an inclusive working environment. This includes a deep dive into the impact of our biases on how we communicate, collaborate and make decisions. And, crucially, what we can do about it to mitigate the negative impact and accelerate a positive cultural transformation.
Priority will be given to participants from Charities/Community Groups/Voluntary Organisations/Social Enterprises in the Republic of Ireland whose turnover is less than €1 million per year. Maximum number of participants will be 20. The schedule for this 3-part Programme is:
- Phase 1 Thursday 14/09/2023 10am-12noon
- Phase 2 Thursday 28/09/2023 10am-12noon
- Phase 3 Thursday 12/10/2023 10am-12noon
A three-phased integrated and highly interactive program, with self-led learning provided in advance of each workshop. The program provides a roadmap towards a sustainable, inclusive strategy.
Phase 1: 2 hour session
What is Diversity & Inclusion and why do they matter?
- The importance of Diversity and the power of Inclusion
- Building your knowledge of key terms
- The employee lifecycle
- Why D&I?
- What’s in it for me and my organisation?
- Inclusive leadership throughout the employee lifecycle
2 week gap
Phase 2: 2 hour session
What’s holding us back? A deep dive into our biases.
The science of bias and how it impacts our decisions in the workplace.
- Understanding Bias
- Shift from Unconscious Bias to Conscious Inclusion
- Creating the right conditions for an Inclusive Environment
2 week gap
Phase 3: 2 hour session
Overcoming barriers to implementation
Making it Real – Bringing inclusion to life in your organisation.
Finding an inclusion buddy
- Practical tools & techniques to overcome barriers to implementation
- Action Planning for the future
The road continues beyond Phase 3 as you apply your learnings and reap the measurable rewards.
The funding for the provision of these services comes from the National Training Fund administered by the Department of Further and Higher Education, Research Innovation and Science. The €100 nominal charge is by way of contribution. Participants will be asked to provide further information regarding Age Range, Gender, Employment Status, Educational Background, Role in Organisation, Organisation Activity & Size post registration.
I am the Founder & CEO of MASF Consulting Limited (see www.masf.ie), a specialised advisor on Diversity & Inclusion (‘D&I’) and Executive Coaching. We support cultural understanding, transformation, the embrace of diversity and the power of an inclusive working culture. We advise domestic and global organisations - primarily in Ireland, UK and continental Europe. Operating from Dublin since 2016, I previously lived in Paris where I managed D&I global programs for the AXA Group.
I am a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Ireland (FCA), having trained with PwC in Dublin. I spent 20+ years in international financial services (including 9 in London and 7 in Paris), with a focus on Audit & Compliance, HR & Communications, and Facilities Management. I hold a 1st Class Honours in Executive Coaching from the Irish Management Institute / University College Cork (where I also teach masterclasses as an Associate) and am an accredited (Senior Practitioner) member of the European Mentoring & Coaching Council (‘EMCC’).
I hold a Masters’ in Accounting from University College Dublin (where, as part of the university’s Executive Coaching and Expert Mentoring panels, I support an annual cohort of MBA and CEMS students) and a BBS and BA from Trinity College Dublin.
From 2017-2020, I was on the Board of Directors of Screen Ireland (formerly the Irish Film Board), driving the gender equality and diversity committee and chairing the Audit & Risk committee. I currently sit on the Advisory Board of the Irish Tech Society.
Embracing Diversity; Encouraging Inclusion will help you to…
- Understand the value of Diversity and Inclusion at an individual, team, and organizational level
- Recognise the barriers to implementation and know your role as a leader in reducing them for your organisation
- Build your confidence and experience of pushing through your fears on the topic of D&I and supporting others to do the same
- Build your knowledge to influence all aspects of the colleague lifecycle to be truly inclusive and create sustainable change
- Identify practical actions you can take to progress and sustain inclusion in your organisation
- Create a psychologically safe environment where everyone can be themselves without judgement
|€100||Carmichael Resident Organisation|