Anyone involved in running or participating in board or committee meetings.
Organisations need effective meetings, but these do not happen without correct procedures, preparation and planning. This practical workshop provides the tools needed to run and contribute to online and face-to-face meetings. It covers the purpose of meetings; challenging behaviour; agendas; decision-making; and minutes.
Delivered virtually via Zoom.
Donal McKenna is a Company Director, Lecturer, Business Coach and Mentor. He specialises in Roles and Responsibilities of Non-profit Boards, Annual Reporting, Marketing, Business Planning, Communications, Governance and Compliance in the Charity Sector.
He holds a Diploma in Corporate Governance from the Corporate Governance Institute (2021). He also holds an MBA from Trinity College Dublin and is currently a Lecturer in Management and Organisation in the Business School, TCD, and is Director and Chair of Care Alliance Ireland, winner of a Good Governance Award 2016, 2017 and 2018.
- Understand the principles and best practice for preparing for and conducting meetings
- Learn the techniques most commonly encountered in meetings
- Enhance skills in effective communication
- Manage challenging behaviour at meetings
- Keep meetings focused and productive
- Produce effective agendas
- Produce accurate, brief and clear minutes.
|€60||Carmichael Resident Organisation|