Anyone needing guidance in this important area.
An overview of Children First legislation –its implications for ‘relevant services’ (as defined in Schedule 1 in the Children First Act 2015) and an overview of the responsibilities under Children First Guidance.
The main areas covered will be:
- An overview of Child Safeguarding Statements.
- An overview of the role and responsibilities of Mandated Persons.
- An overview of the role and responsibilities of Designated Liaison Persons.
Olive Ring’s qualifications include an honours Degree in Social Science, Higher Diploma in youth and community work and a Masters in Applied Social Studies. She was first employed as a youth worker and then manager, and moved into the area of child protection while employed in Barnardos.
She was previously employed as the National Child Protection Manager (National Youth Council of Ireland) for 8 years for the youth work sector, with responsibility for supporting the 40,000 volunteers and 1500 youth work professionals with their child protection and safeguarding responsibilities.
By the end of the workshop participants will:
- Have an awareness of the Children First Act 2015
- Have an understanding of the development and content of a Child Safeguarding Statement
- Have an awareness of the role and responsibilities of Mandated Persons and Designated Liaison Persons.
|€60||Carmichael Resident Organisation|
Questions from participants were answered very well.
Information supplied and very helpful.