Company Secretaries or anyone thinking of becoming a Company Secretary.
Learn about the practical and legal responsibilities and liabilities of the Company Secretary of a Company Limited by Guarantee (CLG).
Topics covered during this workshop include:
- The Companies Act 2014 – implications for new and existing CLG
- The governing instrument – company constitution
- Legal duties of a Company Secretary
- Administrative duties assigned by the Board to a Company Secretary
- Appointing a Company Secretary
- Administrative obligations of a company to the CRO
- Compiling documentation for board meetings and AGM
- Role of Company Secretary as a trusted Board advisor
Caroline Egan is Managing Director of technology and eLearning company, CramdenTECH. She is an experienced senior manager and non-profit board director. Her areas of training expertise include corporate governance, business planning, strategic management and communications. Caroline leads the development of CramdenTECH’s eLearning provision and cloud-based governance management supports.
At the end of this workshop, participants will:
- Explain the implications of the Companies Act 2014 for companies limited by guarantee
- Understand the legal duties of a Company Secretary
- Explain the role of a company secretary in supporting board members.
|€60||Carmichael Resident Organisation|