This is an Information Notice in relation to the cookies that are used on the website of Carmichael Ireland – www.carmichaelireland.ie
What are cookies and why do we use them?
Cookies are small text files which may be stored on your computer, tablet or mobile device to store or retrieve information related to a website you visit. There are different types of cookies which have different purposes and last for different periods of time. Some cookies require your consent and some do not.
Some cookies are placed by us (known as ‘First party cookies’) while others are placed by third parties because we use their service on our website eg Vimeo for video content (‘Third Party cookies’).
Cookies can remain on your computer/device only for the duration of your browsing session ie once you close your browser, not necessarily when you leave the website. After your browsing session, these cookies are erased (known as ‘session cookies’). Alternatively, cookies can remain on your computer or device after your browsing session has ceased (known as ‘persistent cookies’).
- To enable our website to work properly.
- To record your cookie preference.
- To enable you to watch videos
- To analyse your visit to our website.
What kind of information do cookies collect?
Cookies collect the following types of information about you:
- Cookie browser data: cookie identifiers, time/date, pages viewed, whether and to which cookies you have consented;
- Device data: device type, screen resolution, operating system version, browser information like its version and basic settings;
- Log data: Time and duration of usage of the website and search data;
- Location data: Data about your country & county of access as proclaimed by your device;
- Analytical data: Data about your usage of the website ;
- Preference data : language preference; and
- In some cases your IP address may be collected for example by Twitter which they delete after 30 days.
How long does my consent last?
Your consent will last for 6 months from the date you last provide it to us using the cookie tool on the website. After this period, the cookie tool will automatically treat your consent as withdrawn and request it again.
You can however, change your cookie setting at any time, by clicking on the “Cookie Settings” link at the bottom of each page on the website.
In addition you can block or delete cookies in your browser, usually found in a settings or preferences tab in your browser.
This is a list of the cookies that are set by the Website:
|Who Provides the Cookie?
|Used to store the visitor consent for cookies.
|A Google Analytics cookie that is used to calculate visitor, session, campaign data and keep track of site usage for the site’s analytics report. The cookies store information anonymously and assign a randomly generated number to identify unique visitors.
|A Google Analytics cookie used to throttle the request rate.
|A Google Analytics cookie used to store information of how visitors use a website and helps in creating an analytics report of how the website is doing. The data collected including the number visitors, the source where they have come from, and the pages visited in an anonymous form.
|A Google cookie that is used to distinguish between humans and bots. This is a persistent cookie.
|A Google cookie that is used to distinguish between humans and bots. Lasts for the duration of the session.
|Assigns a Google ID