We are committed to ensuring that this website achieves “Double-A” conformance with the World Wide Web Consortium’s (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0. In practice, this means that every page should comply relevant Level AA (Double A) Success Criteria as specified in the WCAG 2.0 guidelines.
We are committed to ensuring that this website is accessible to everyone, regardless of disability. If you have any questions or suggestions regarding the accessibility of this site, please contact us. We are continually striving to improve the experience for all visitors.
We have tried to ensure that our site conforms to the following standards:
- Accessibility: We aim for our site to comply with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 which means every page should meet the Level AA criteria of these guidelines.
- Code: The site is produced using the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) HTML 5 standard for code clarity.
- Formatting: In line with W3C recommendations, all formatting is done via a Cascading Style Sheet (CSS) file to separate content, structure and presentation. Users may choose to disable this file and see a “plain text” version of the site if they prefer. All content has appropriate structural markup.
The Carmichael website has been designed to be responsive and compatible with all modern browsers. It can still be accessed with older browser versions although the content may display without some of its graphical layout. The site will adjust to any screen size so it can be viewed on different devices such as mobile phones, tablets, laptops and desktop computers.
To help you get the most out of this browsing this site, please read the following:
In addition to WCAG 2.0 “Double A” compliance we have provided a variety of accessibility features.
- Skip Link: We have provided a skip link to people using JAWS or other screen readers to jump straight down to the page content. Please note: After using the ‘Skip Navigation’ link, users of speech browsers may have to click their ‘Back’ button twice to return to a previous page.
- Resizeable Text: All text on this site is scalable; it can be made larger or smaller according to your preferences by changing the default text size in your browser. Please refer to your browser help to learn how to re-size text or use zoom controls.
Some pages on this website by necessity contain Adobe PDF and Microsoft Word, Excel or PowerPoint content which require third party software.
We use Google Maps in the contact us section of the website which may not be accessible for some users.