Participants should have either completed the Intermediate course and/or be familiar with the following material from experience:
- Be comfortable with the basic functions of Excel: basic formulas and functions, creating a chart, sorting and filtering, printing and working across worksheets.
- How to create a vlookup()
- How to create a pivot table
- How to create an If() function
- How to do basic conditional formatting
This knowledge will be assumed and will not be covered in this course.
The course will take place on Zoom over 4 sessions as per details below. Homework will be assigned between sessions. Resources and links will be stored on a platform called GiraffePad. Please note these sessions will be recorded and recordings will be sent to attendees only. Full instructions and links will be given after registration.
Session One (90 minutes) Wed 08 May starting at 2.30pm
Pivot Tables beyond the basics – learn how to use pivot tables even more effectively:
- Learn how to combine datasets without the use of a vlookup or index/match.
- Learn how to use the GetPivotData() function to extract information from a pivot table to use elsewhere.
- Introduction to PowerPivot to create more complex calculations that currently feasible in standard pivot tables.
Session Two (90 minutes) Wed 15 May starting at 2.30pm
Automate your work:
- Introduction to Macros.
- Learn to create more complex formulas e.g. nested ifs, index/match
Session Three (90 minutes) Wed 22 May starting at 2.30pm
Automate data cleaning with Power Query:
- For regular data cleansing tasks – set them up in Power Query – do them once and that’s it. Speed up those tedious data cleansing tasks.
Session Four (90 minutes) Wed 29 May starting at 2.30pm
Visualising your data with Dashboards:
- Present your data in a more user friendly way by summarizing it in an interactive dashboard.
- Delivered virtually via Zoom.
- GiraffePad will be the platform used to hold the Zoom links/training materials/recordings.
- Homework will be assigned between sessions.
Anne Walsh has been an IT trainer since Excel came on Windows 95. She has been a freelance IT trainer since the mid-90s. She is a MOS Master Instructor. She has written several books for bookboon.com and is the author of “Your Excel Survival Kit: Your guide to surviving and thriving in an Excel world” which has been receiving consistent 5 star reviews on Amazon. She blogs regularly at www.the-excel-lady.com.
You can read testimonials for her work at https://the-excel-lady.com/testimonials/.
- Learn more tips on how to use Excel at an advanced level.
Carmichael’s Spring/Summer 2024 Scheduled Training Programme is kindly sponsored by BoardEffect.
BoardEffect is part of Diligent, the leader in modern governance. BoardEffect delivers an agile board management solution optimised for governance leaders of nonprofits, higher education institutions, community healthcare organisations, and credit unions with the right tools, analytics, and insights to drive more efficient, transparent, and secure governance.
|€140||Carmichael Resident Organisation|
Well structured, homework feedback was good, good pace.