Company Secretaries or anyone thinking of becoming a Company Secretary.
Learn about the practical and legal responsibilities and liabilities of the Company Secretary of a Company Limited by Guarantee (CLG).
Topics covered during this workshop include:
- The Companies Act 2014 – implications for new and existing CLG
- The governing instrument – company constitution
- Legal duties of a Company Secretary
- Administrative duties assigned by the Board to a Company Secretary
- Appointing a Company Secretary
- Administrative obligations of a company to the CRO
- Compiling documentation for board meetings and AGM
- Role of Company Secretary as a trusted Board advisor
Delivered virtually via Zoom.
Caroline Egan is Managing Director of technology and eLearning company, CramdenTECH. She is an experienced senior manager and non-profit board director. Her areas of training expertise include corporate governance, business planning, strategic management and communications. Caroline leads the development of CramdenTECH’s eLearning provision and cloud-based governance management supports.
At the end of this workshop, participants will:
- Explain the implications of the Companies Act 2014 for companies limited by guarantee
- Understand the legal duties of a Company Secretary
- Explain the role of a company secretary in supporting board members.
Carmichael’s Spring/Summer 2024 Scheduled Training Programme is kindly sponsored by BoardEffect.
BoardEffect is part of Diligent, the leader in modern governance. BoardEffect delivers an agile board management solution optimised for governance leaders of nonprofits, higher education institutions, community healthcare organisations, and credit unions with the right tools, analytics, and insights to drive more efficient, transparent, and secure governance.
|€70||Carmichael Resident Organisation|
Practical advise alongside the theory.
Knowledgeable presenter & good interaction/questions from fellow participants.