28 January 2022
FirstLight – a Carmichael resident organisation – are a long established, national charity providing professional crisis intervention and counselling services to parents and families suddenly bereaved is seeking to recruit a Clinical Services Manager.
The Psychotherapist and Clinical Services Manager will be based in FirstLight’s Offices (Carmichael Centre, 4 North Brunswick Street, Dublin 2) and will contribute operationally to the overall success of the organisation as a key member of the clinical services team.
The Clinical Services Manager will report to the Clinical Services Director and deputise for him/her when appropriate.
A strong understanding of and empathy with FirstLight’s mission and objectives is essential as is a values driven approach to work based on integrity and service.
Essential Qualifications, skills and experience
Clinical Services Manager
Under the direction of and with the support of FirstLight’s Clinical Services Director, the successful candidate will provide crisis intervention and psychotherapy services to clients who have experienced the sudden loss of their child/sibling; support development of the organisation’s client services and monitor the delivery of services by the psychotherapists on FirstLight’s register of psychotherapists and counsellors with a view to ensuring high quality services to FirstLight’s clients.
Requirements and responsibilities
The successful candidate will
- Have, as a minimum, a qualification to degree level in counselling/psychotherapy.
- Be fully accredited for a minimum of 5 years with the IACP, IAHIP or other modalities of ICP.
- Have experience of/qualification in bereavement counselling.
- Demonstrate commitment to provision of a high quality, client centred bereavement support service and best practice in clinical governance.
- Promote and maintain the ethos of FirstLight and its values of compassion, empathy, respect and hope.
- Be able to demonstrate evidence of networking skills, and successful stakeholder engagement and interaction.
- Have a good working knowledge of child protection issues.
- Have an adaptable and flexible manner with a process improvement mind-set and be willing to work out of hours and travel when necessary.
- Carry out duties in line with the role as designated by the Clinical Services Director.
- Possess strong oral, aural and written communication skills.
- Be an effective team worker and maintain professional and personal boundaries.
- Be IT literate and
- Have a clean driving licence.
- Previous management experience is desirable as also is experience of working in the not for profit sector.
Employment Terms and Remuneration
This is a full-time, permanent position.
- Salary: €50,000 p.a.
- Please note – an offer of employment is subject to Garda vetting and reference check.
- Interested candidates should send a cover letter and completed Application Form (see attached form) by Email to email@example.com.
- The closing date for receipt of applications is 3 February, 2022 at 17h00.
- First round interviews will be held on 14 February, 2022.
- FirstLight welcomes applications from people from all sections of the community, irrespective of race, colour, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief.