14 June 2022
Irish Criminal Justice Agencies Conference 2022
Carmichael are proud to promote the upcoming 8th Annual Irish Criminal Justice Agencies Conference 2022.
Carmichael resident member group the ACJRD are a key partner for the 2022 edition of the conference, for the event which takes place at The Printworks Event and Exhibition Centre in Dublin Castle.
“Race, Migration and the Criminal Justice System”, is the theme for this year’s event, for this one day long collaborative conference, which will include Department of Justice, Maynooth University, University College Dublin, Limerick University, Department of Children, Equality, Disability, Integration and Youth, Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions, Irish Prison Service, An Garda Síochána, The Probation Service, Policing Authority, Courts Service, Garda Síochána Inspectorate, Office of the Revenue Commissioners and the Association for Criminal Justice Research and Development (ACJRD).
Speakers at the Irish Criminal Justice Agencies Conference
Notably, James Browne TD, Minister of State, Department of Justice, will open this year’s Conference. Speakers will include:
- Megan Berry, Traveller Outreach Officer, Maynooth University
- Joe Garrihy,Assistant Professor in Criminology the School of Law and Criminology, Maynooth University
- Caroline Haughey, OBE, QC, Furnival Chambers
- Lucy Michael, Lucy Michael Research Training & Consultancy
- Mary Phelan, Dublin City University
- Alexander Ritzmann, Counter Extremism Project
- Hindpal Singh Bhui, University of Oxford, School of Law and Inspection Team Leader at HM Inspectorate of Prisons (HMIP)
- The following Thematic Speakers have been confirmed:
- Ifrah Ahmed, Ifrah Foundation
- Lisa Anderson, Senior Probation Officer, The Probation Service
- Seamus Beirne, Irish Prison Service
- Shalom Binchy, Solicitor
- Yvonne Cooke, Acting Executive Director of Human Resources and People Development, An Garda Síochána
- Catherine Cosgrave, Managing Solicitor, Immigrant Council of Ireland, Independent Law Centre
- Kate Gillen, Social Work Specialist, Child Care Performance and Social Work Unit, DCEDIY
- Zoryana Pshyk, Ex Asylum-Seeker and Chairperson of Kildare Integration Network (KIN)
- Tony Swaine, Probation Officer, The Probation Service
- Liam Thornton, Associate Professor, School of Law, UCD
Bookings are now open. To book, please click here.
The Chatham House Rule:
To encourage openness and the sharing of information, the Chatham House Rule will be invoked at this conference.
*The Chatham House Rule reads as follows: “When a meeting, or part thereof, is held under the Chatham House Rule, participants are free to use the information received, but neither the identity nor the affiliation of the speaker(s), nor that of any other participant, may be revealed“.
Contact Details for the ACJRD
You can keep up to date with all news from ACJRD on their website here. Also, they’re on social media too; find their Twitter here, and LinkedIn here.