16 June 2021
Carmichael is seeking to recruit an Administration Assistant (CE Scheme) for our growing Training and Consultancy Department.
Carmichael is a leading specialist training and support body for nonprofits in Ireland. Our training, support and resources enable our members and partners to be:
- Better informed and equipped to carry out their own remits more effectively
- Aware of and able to employ best practice for good governance
- Better networked with and supported by peer organisations
- More efficient and effectively run so that they are trusted by their funders and supporters.
This is a Community Employment position and applicants will need to meet the eligibility criteria set by the Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection. Applicants should be at least 21 years of age and be in receipt of a qualifying Social Welfare payment for at least 12 months to apply. Applicants who are interested should make an appointment with a Case Officer in their local INTREO Office to be referred for the position.
Applicants should also send a CV and cover letter either through Indeed or by email to email@example.com by 5pm IST on 14th July 2021.
Please quote this reference number when applying with INTREO: CES-2182035.
Training and Consultancy
On a day-to-day level: Senior Training & Consultancy Administrator
For other employment matters: Supervisor of Community Employment Scheme (CE Scheme)
Overall purpose of the job
Providing administrative support to ensure the smooth running of the Training and Consultancy Unit.
Areas of work
- Database: maintaining mailing lists, updating existing contacts on database, entering & monitoring information. Generating new contacts.
- Training and consultancy courses administration: dealing with enquiries, maintaining booking system, taking and recording bookings, sending confirmation e-mails and course reminder e-mails, making up course packs when needed, creating and collating evaluations, liaising with eLearning partner for creation of eLearning courses’ profiles.
- Liaison with trainers re logistics for scheduled courses.
- Schedule and prepare necessary items for meetings and training courses.
- Relevant general office duties: phone calls, photocopying, scanning, filing, etc.
- Maintain supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, placing orders for supplies.
- Support team by performing tasks related to the department and organization.
Desirable (not essential as full training will be provided)
- Excellent administration skills with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Good time management skills.
- Exhibits polite and professional communication via phone, e-mail, and mail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 products, especially Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with databases and database management, customer relationship management (CRM) software.
Place of work
Carmichael Centre, Dublin 7. Remotely under Covid-19 restrictions.
Hours of work
19.5 hours per week plus half hour lunchbreak per day, to be agreed with Senior Training Administrator.
Training and Development
Carmichael offers accredited training opportunities to all Community Employment Participants as part of their individual learning plan in conjunction with DEASP.
Community Employment Rates apply.
This job description to be reviewed at regular intervals.
Please note: This job is subject to DEASP and union approval from SIPTU and FORSA.