Anyone needing to better understand the implications of the Companies Act 2014 & Charities Act 2009 for organisations in the not-for-profit sector.
This online workshop explores how the Companies Act 2014 impacts on Charities and Not-for Profit Companies that are Limited by Guarantee, the requirements of the Charities Act 2009, the role of members, the duties and responsibilities of Directors and Other Officers and the preparation of Financial Statements under Companies Act 2014.
Delivered virtually via Zoom.
Andrea Shupinski FCA
Andrea Shupinski is an accountant and business advisor. Andrea has extensive financial and senior management experience in the not-for-profit sector where she has helped organisations to prepare for a more regulated and transparent environment. Originally from England, she worked at a senior level in chartered accountancy firms. Andrea is currently a voluntary Board member for a Community crèche near to where she lives in South County Dublin.
Participants will gain a better understanding of:
- The regulatory environment
- The roles of Company Members, Directors, Company Secretaries
- Legal duties and responsibilities of Charity Directors and Company Secretaries
- The regulations covering Companies Limited by Guarantee
- The governance regulations
- The regulations affecting the Financial Statements, Annual Return and Audit
- Awareness of FRS 102, CSORP, Companies (Accounting) Act 2017 and Draft Charities (Accounting and Reporting) Regulations 2016.
|€60||Carmichael Resident Organisation|
Very competent clear speaking of Andrea. Knowledge of regulations and personal advice, opinion provided.
Better understanding of the regulations effecting the financial statements and the changes that are in the pipeline. Today’s training will make me aware of these and watch out for the changes.
Informed presenter who engaged with practical issues raised by the group. Also Andrea’s own practical experiences were of interest as a company secretary.