Board Members and Trustees.
Board Members have ultimate responsibility for the finances of their organisation and must exercise good financial stewardship. This online workshop aims to give Board Members the skills and knowledge to understand financial information that they are typically provided with on a regular basis, what to ask for, warning signs to watch out for and questions to ask.
The main areas covered will be:
- Board members financial responsibilities
- Different types of financial reports
- Understanding and interpreting financial reports
- Warning signs.
Delivered virtually via Zoom.
Andrea Shupinski FCA
Andrea is a Chartered Accountant by qualification. A sole practitioner, she has been providing consultancy, accountancy and taxation services to the Charity and Not-for Profit sector for over 30 years.
Andrea has extensive financial and senior management experience with charities and not for profits as an advisor and accountant and as Chief Financial Officer. She has helped organisations to prepare for a more regulated and transparent environment and has practical experience of charity accounting principles and putting them into practice.
Andrea is a member of the Charity and Not-for Profit Committee at Chartered Accountants Ireland. She and has been a Board member for a number of charities over the years.
By the end of the workshop participants will:
- Understand their financial responsibilities as Board Members
- Be aware of different financial reports and what they mean and should convey
- Be able to interpret and understand the content of financial reports more effectively
- Understand what financial information to ask for and questions to ask
- Be able to recognise warning signs that could indicate financial trouble so that appropriate action can be taken.
|€60||Carmichael Resident Organisation|
Presenter was excellent and informative.
Well explained and developed.