Board Members and Trustees.
Board Members have ultimate responsibility for the finances of their organisation and must exercise good financial stewardship. This workshop aims to give Board Members the skills and knowledge to understand financial information that they are typically provided with on a regular basis, what to ask for, warning signs to watch out for and questions to ask.
The main areas covered will be:
- Board members financial responsibilities
- Different types of financial reports
- Understanding and interpreting financial reports
- Warning signs.
Andrea Shupinski FCA
Andrea Shupinski is an accountant and business advisor. Andrea has extensive financial and senior management experience in the not-for-profit sector where she has helped organisations to prepare for a more regulated and transparent environment. Originally from England, she worked at a senior level in chartered accountancy firms. Andrea is currently a voluntary Board member for a Community crèche near to where she lives in South County Dublin.
By the end of the workshop participants will:
- Understand their financial responsibilities as Board Members
- Be aware of different financial reports and what they mean and should convey
- Be able to interpret and understand the content of financial reports more effectively
- Understand what financial information to ask for and questions to ask
- Be able to recognise warning signs that could indicate financial trouble so that appropriate action can be taken.
|€60||Carmichael Resident Organisation|
Presenter was excellent and informative.
Well explained and developed.