Managers and Board Members responsible for Data Protection.
This interactive workshop will provide the participant with an easy-to-understand background on the GDPR as well as giving a clear grasp of their organisation’s obligations under the legislation.
• What is data protection and why is it important?
• What is the GDPR and how does it apply to charities and not-for-profits?
• The key principles of the GDPR.
• The benefits of GDPR compliance.
2. Data subject rights
3. Data protection obligations for charities and not-for-profits:
• Lawful basis for processing personal data.
• Data protection by design and by default.
• Data security.
• Data breach reporting.
• International transfers of personal data.
• Required policies, procedures and records.
4. The Data Protection Commission (DPC):
• What is their role?
• What actions can they take?
• What proceedings have they taken?
Delivered virtually via Google Meet. A copy of the slides will be provided as well as a link to download more detailed guidance on data protection.
Liam has 35 years of experience working in IT, with at least 25 in infrastructure, networking and security. He has worked with people at all levels and has the ability to explain scary technical topics and boring legal subjects in a language that most people can relate to and understand. Liam has also spent the last 10 years as a volunteer director on the board of a not-for-profit organisation in the energy saving/generation sector and for 5 of those years has been Chair of the board.
The participants will have a solid understanding of the importance of the GDPR, the fundamentals of data protection and a clear view of what their organisation requires to be as compliant as possible with the legislation.
Carmichael’s Spring/Summer 2024 Scheduled Training Programme is kindly sponsored by BoardEffect.
BoardEffect is part of Diligent, the leader in modern governance. BoardEffect delivers an agile board management solution optimised for governance leaders of nonprofits, higher education institutions, community healthcare organisations, and credit unions with the right tools, analytics, and insights to drive more efficient, transparent, and secure governance.
|€70||Carmichael Resident Organisation|