You should be comfortable with the Excel basics and/or be using Excel regularly including formulas/functions/sort and filtering/charts.
The course will take place on Zoom over 4 sessions as per details below. Homework will be assigned between sessions. Resources and links will be stored on a platform called GiraffePad. Please note these will sessions will be recorded and shared with the attendees only. Full instructions and links will be given after registration.
Session One (90 minutes) 13 Oct starting at 2.30pm
- Revision of basics: formulas/functions/fixing cells/lists
Session Two (90 minutes) 20 Oct starting at 2.30pm
- Vlookup function: What it is, what you use it for, use in same workbook and with different workbooks.
Session Three (90 minutes) 27 Oct starting at 2.30pm
- Introduction to Pivot Tables
Session Four (90 minutes) 3 Nov starting at 2.30pm
- If functions & Introduction to Conditional Formatting
- Final Q&A
- Delivered virtually via Zoom.
- GiraffePad will be the platform used to hold the Zoom links/training materials.
- Homework will be assigned between sessions.
Anne Walsh has been an IT trainer since Excel came on Windows 95. She has been a freelance IT trainer since the mid-90s. She is a MOS Master Instructor. She is also the author of “Your Excel Survival Kit: Your guide to surviving and thriving in an Excel world” which has been receiving consistent 5 star reviews on Amazon. She blogs regularly at www.the-excel-expert.com
You can read testimonials for her work at http://www.the-excel-expert.com/training-2/testimonials/.
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Solid grasp of basics
- Understand the importance of clean data for pivot tables
- Able to create a pivot table, pivot chart, add slicers and keep it up to date
- Understand how to use a vlookup function within and between files
- Apply conditional formatting
- Use the If function to get results based on different conditions.
- Q&A session at the end.
Carmichael’s Autumn/Winter 2022 Scheduled Training Programme is kindly sponsored by BoardEffect.
BoardEffect is part of Diligent, the leader in modern governance. BoardEffect delivers an agile board management solution optimised for governance leaders of nonprofits, higher education institutions, community healthcare organisations, and credit unions with the right tools, analytics, and insights to drive more efficient, transparent, and secure governance.
|€120||Carmichael Resident Organisation|
The trainer was great – absolutely excellent teacher, great way of explaining things, calm and gave time as needed.
Very interactive and excel made interesting.
Excellent trainer, knowledge and style.
Pace of teaching was ideal. Making sure the content is relevant to the participants was great.