This online course is for management, staff and volunteers who are responsible for communications in their non-profit organisation.
- Introduction (5 minutes)
- Part 1: Understanding Public Relations (15 minutes)
- What is Public Relations?
- Differences Between Public Relations and Marketing
- Why Use a Public Relations Agency?
- Part 2: Media Landscape Today (15 minutes)
- Are Newspapers Still Relevant Today?
- Different Types of Media Outlets
- Part 3: Crafting Your PR Strategy (20 minutes)
- Planning a Public Relations Calendar
- What Makes a Good Story?
- Part 4: Crisis PR Introduction (15 minutes)
- Introduction to Crisis PR
- Best Practices in Crisis PR
- Interactive Session (20 minutes)
- Q&A and Wrap-up (10 minutes)
- Closing Remarks (5 minutes)
Delivered virtually via Zoom.
Motivated, passionate and creative with a sharp eye for what makes brands 'pop' in Ireland today. Seán has a long history in journalism and PR, having served as The Irish Daily Star's Digital Content Editor (spearheading buzz.ie) and more recently, Head of Digital Communications at Gibney Communications, managing the accounts of some of Ireland's largest companies in the retail, construction and technology sectors.
With a wide-varying experience in the communications and media field, Seán brings a complete offering to his clients, no matter what their need, offering unique solutions and the kind of top-tier results that they require.
Participants should leave with an understanding of:
- The media landscape in Ireland
- Understand how to start crafting a PR strategy
Carmichael’s Spring/Summer 2024 Scheduled Training Programme is kindly sponsored by BoardEffect.
BoardEffect is part of Diligent, the leader in modern governance. BoardEffect delivers an agile board management solution optimised for governance leaders of nonprofits, higher education institutions, community healthcare organisations, and credit unions with the right tools, analytics, and insights to drive more efficient, transparent, and secure governance.
|€70||Carmichael Resident Organisation|