Chairpersons of non-profit organisations or anyone thinking of becoming a Chairperson.
The online workshop will examine the role and responsibilities of the Chairperson of a non-profit organisation.
Topics covered during this workshop include:
- The role of the Chairperson in relation to the governance and leadership of the organisation
- Boundaries and critical relationships
- Developing a culture of transparency, accountability and integrity
- Managing board meetings effectively
- Ensuring suitable board renewal takes place
- Compliance and regulatory requirements of boards.
Delivered virtually via Zoom.
Jillian van Turnhout
Jillian van Turnhout has successfully held a variety of leadership roles in Ireland and the EU across business, public affairs and voluntary sectors. She has served as a Director, CEO and Public Representative and has built a strong public reputation for integrity and sound judgement.
Jillian's governance expertise emanates from over twenty-five years serving and chairing Boards along with her recognised accreditation as a Chartered Director (IoD UK), the INSEAD International Directors Programme and an Institute of Directors Certificate in Company Direction with distinctions in governance, strategy and leadership.
Jillian's current Board work includes serving on the Board of The Arts Council; as Vice-Chair (Director) of European Movement Ireland and Trustee (Director) of One in Four. In addition, Jillian chairs the Governance Committee of One in Four and is a member of the Governance Committee of the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS). She is a former Chief Executive of the Children's Rights Alliance; former Chief Commissioner of the Irish Girl Guides; and former President of the National Youth Council of Ireland.
Jillian has been awarded the Chevalier de l'Ordre National du Mérite by the President of France and an Honorary Fellowship by the Royal College of Physicians of Ireland.
At the end of this workshop, participants will have a better understanding of:
- The role of the Chairperson
- The importance of good relations with other board members and the CEO (if applicable)
- The leadership role of the Chairperson with regard to the culture of the organisation, board effectiveness, board renewal and organisational compliance.
|€60||Carmichael Resident Organisation|
The facilitator is excellent.
The scope of experience of the facilitator added greatly to the content.
Lots of helpful tips from the facilitator as well as the other participants.
Enjoyed the break out sessions, provided a good opportunity to engage with participate outside of chat box.