For those who want to learn about what is required for your organisation to safeguard Adults that you support both within your organisation and your community. By learning about safeguarding and how to develop a safeguarding culture you and your community will be better equipped to support Adults who may be at risk of abuse.
- Find out about Safeguarding and your obligations to it.
- Learn about the 6 Principles of Safeguarding.
- Discover how to identify adults in your organisation or community who may be at risk.
- Learn about recognising the signs of abuse.
- Learn how to Report Concerns and Respond to Allegations
- Introduction to the newly launched “Assisted Decision Making (Capacity) Act 2015”
- How to develop a Safeguarding Culture
This course aims to enable to learner to understand:
- The principles of safeguarding
- The indicators of abuse
- The roles, responsibilities, and actions a person should take in safeguarding adults at risk of abuse.
- Learn about newly introduced Legislation
Delivered virtually via Zoom.
Maighréad is an experienced Consultant and Director at Collaboration Ireland and has been working in the community and voluntary sector for over 30 years. She has a depth of understanding of the community, voluntary and health sector - its operational and policy context, its political sensitivities and its people, organisations, and systems. Prior to becoming a consultant in 2018, Maighréad worked in the disability sector for over 25 years and was responsible for establishing new services, setting up projects in the community and managing large teams of staff which included training and facilitating meetings, and workshops. Maighréad is also a Safeguarding and Risk Consultant who will undertake investigations and inquiries on behalf of disability organisations in the Munster Region. Maighréad is both experienced and knowledgeable in the area of governance and assessing governance compliance within companies. She will partner with your charity, organisation, or social enterprise to help your CEO and Board of Directors to identify the areas of priority in order to be compliant with the Charity Regulators Code.
- Recognise safeguarding needs and potential indicators of abuse with Adults at Risk
- Respond appropriately and accurately to reports and allegations of abuse
- Recognise Responsibilities and understand your responsibilities to safeguarding
- Record important and relevant material accurately and promptly
- Report any abuse allegations & where criminal activity is suspected contact the Gardaí.
Carmichael’s Autumn/Winter 2023 Scheduled Training Programme is kindly sponsored by BoardEffect.
BoardEffect is part of Diligent, the leader in modern governance. BoardEffect delivers an agile board management solution optimised for governance leaders of nonprofits, higher education institutions, community healthcare organisations, and credit unions with the right tools, analytics, and insights to drive more efficient, transparent, and secure governance.
|€70||Carmichael Resident Organisation|