This eLearning course is ideally suited to anyone holding the position of board director of a Company Limited by Guarantee, or by people filling the role of Company Secretary. It is also a valuable learning resource for staff members who support board gov
This short interactive eLearning course explores the implications of The Companies Act 2014 for Companies Limited by Guarantee (CLG). The practical and easy-to-follow structure of the course is designed to get directors and company secretaries quickly up to speed with what they need to know to comply with the Act.
It is worth noting that all directors appointed to boards post June 1st, 2015 should be aware of their legal duties and undertake to comply with requirements set out in The Companies Act 2014.
Topics covered during the course include:
- Role of Company Members
- Legal Duties of Company Directors
- Company Directors – key requirements
- Role of Company Secretaries
- Legal duties of Company Secretaries
- Typical administrative duties of Company Secretaries
- Annual Return Dates
- Implications of The Companies Act 2014 for future registrations
- Implications of the Act for existing companies
- Declaration of Understanding
Each person taking this eLearning course can access and download a PDF copy of the BoardPASS Board Governance Handbook for Irish Non-Profits. A great resource for any board or committee member!
The course is run in collaboration with CramdenTECH, a governance systems and eLearning company providing skills based, micro-learning responsive content for Irish and UK markets.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Explain the legal duties and responsibilities of Company Directors
- Explain the legal duties and typical administrative responsibilities of Company Secretaries
- Discuss the implications of the Act for CLG formations in the future
- Explain the implications of the Act for existing CLG