Chairpersons of non-profit organisations or anyone thinking of becoming a Chairperson.
The workshop will examine the role and responsibilities of the Chairperson of a non-profit organisation.
Topics covered during this workshop include:
The role of the Chairperson in relation to the governance and leadership of the organisation
- Boundaries and critical relationships
- Developing a culture of transparency, accountability and integrity
- Managing board meetings effectively
- Ensuring suitable board renewal takes place
- Compliance and regulatory requirements of boards
Jillian van Turnhout
Jillian van Turnhout has successfully held a variety of leadership roles in Ireland and the EU across business, public affairs and voluntary sectors. She has served as a Director, CEO and Public Representative and has built a strong public reputation for integrity and sound judgement.
For over 6 years Jillian was Chief Executive of the Children’s Rights Alliance where she provided strategic leadership and direction and was responsible for the management of day-to-day operations and represented the Alliance to government bodies, NGOs, media, the general public, businesses and other key stakeholders.
Jillian is involved with a number of not-for-profit organisations on a pro-bono basis including as Chair of Early Childhood Ireland; Vice Chairperson of the European Movement Ireland; a former Board member of Women for Election; Chair of Children in Hospital Ireland and a Director, Irish Girl Guides Trust Corporation Limited.
Jillian has previously been Chief Commissioner of the Irish Girl Guides; President of the National Youth Council of Ireland (NYCI); a member of the Management Committee of the National Economic and Social Forum (NESF); and a Council member of Gaisce – The President’s Award.
Jillian is certified in Corporate Governance through the INSEAD International Directors Programme (IDP-C). She is currently undertaking the Institute of Directors’ Chartered Director programme.
At the end of this workshop, participants will have a better understanding of :
- The role of the Chairperson
- The importance of good relations with other board members and the CEO if applicable
- The leadership role of the Chairperson with regard to the culture of the organisation, board effectiveness, board renewal. organisational compliance.
|€60||Carmichael Resident Organisation|