Anyone who is or thinking about becoming a treasurer. Anyone who wants to know what the duties of a treasurer are and qualities to look for.
The Treasurer has an important role in an organisation. An effective treasurer contributes to a successful organisation and is essential to Community, Voluntary or Charitable Organisations fulfilling their responsibility to manage their money and other resources properly. This workshop is for anyone who is a Treasurer or may be thinking of taking up office as a Treasurer and anyone looking to appoint or recruit a treasurer.
The main areas covered will be:
- Main responsibilities and duties of a treasurer
- Characteristics of a good treasurer
- Useful skills for a treasurer
- Tips for being an effective treasurer
- Pit falls to avoid
- Basic rules of dealing with money
- How the Treasurer fits into the management committee or Board
The workshop will include discussions and practical examples of how to carry out the duties of a treasurer and good practice.
Andrea Shupinski FCA
Andrea Shupinski is an accountant and business advisor. Andrea has extensive financial and senior management experience in the not-for-profit sector where she has helped organisations to prepare for a more regulated and transparent environment. Originally from England, she worked at a senior level in chartered accountancy firms. Andrea is currently a voluntary Board member for a Community crèche near to where she lives in South County Dublin. www.shupinski.ie
By the end of the workshop participants will:
- Understand what a treasurer does
- Have an understanding of best practice when carrying out the duties of a treasurer
- Understand the tasks that fall to the treasurer to be done
- Be able to prepare a financial report to the management committee
- Understand internal controls, segregation of duties and good financial management mean and their importance
- Understand the Dos and Don’t of being a treasurer
|€60||Carmichael Resident Organisation|