The Board Chairs’ Network is a forum for board chairs from charity and nonprofit organisations.
Facilitated by Carmichael, the purpose of the network is to provide a space for board chairs to meet each other, share experiences and discuss topics of mutual interest including key concepts and issues with nonprofit governance.
Meetings take place quarterly and there is a mix of in-person and online meetings. The in-person meetings take place from 6pm-8pm and the online meetings from 4pm-6pm. All meetings operate under Chatham House Rules and the format varies from having guest speakers leading discussions to meetings led by board chairs themselves.
There are over 90 board chairs in the network and there is no fee or charges for membership or attendance. Each meeting has a main theme for discussion and themes to date include:
- Changes in fundraising environment
- Compliance with funder requirements
- Creating an effective board culture
- Board renewal and succession planning and managing
- Performance of the CEO
- Dealing with conflict and disruptive board members
- Role and duties of charity trustee
The next Board Chairs’ Network Meeting will take place online on September 6th 4pm-6pm.
This time we will be discussing:
- The three Rs – Recruitment, Retention & Remuneration of staff
- What’s needed to have an effectively functioning and high performing board?
- Improving Board/Management Dynamics
- What will be key expertise gaps for boards over the next 3-5 years?
- What current board practices will be less acceptable in 3-5 years?
Additional discussion topics can be suggested when booking your free place here.
Facilitated by Carmichael, the purpose of the network is to provide a space for nonprofit board chairs to meet each other, share experiences and discuss topics of mutual interest including key concepts and issues with nonprofit governance. The network meets in person once per year and online 3 times per year.
This event is only open to Chairs and Vice Chairs of nonprofit Boards.